Union Public Services Commission (UPSC) is going to conduct Indian Engineering Services Examination (IES) 2019. IES Exam Pattern 2019 will be declared along with the official notification of IES 2019. IES 2019 Exam pattern provided here is in accordance to the previous year Exam Pattern. UPSC IES Exam pattern 2019 states the examination will be in two folds. IES UPSC Exam Pattern 2019 would help candidates in preparing for the Examination. Go through the article to read complete details about the ESE UPSC Exam Pattern 2019.
IES Exam Pattern 2019: Overview
The Indian Engineering Services examination will be conducted in 3 stages. The examination will be a preliminary test conducted and then a main examination will be conducted which will be subject/ field specific. Candidates who will qualify both preliminary examination and mains examination will be called in for the Personality Test.
Candidates would be primarily appearing in the Preliminary Examination which in turn consists of 2 different papers. Qualified candidates who score minimum qualifying marks for the Preliminary Examination will be able to appear for the main examination.
Candidates once qualify the mains examination will be called in for the Personality Tests by the Union Public Services Commission. Twice the number of vacancy, candidates will be called in for Personality Test. Therefore, mere passing the Mains examination will not be enough. Candidate must clear the Cut off marks of Mains Examination to be qualified for Personality Test.
IES UPSC Exam Pattern 2019
UPSC describes a complete set of ESE Exam Pattern 2019 for the appearing candidates in IES Exam 2019. Candidates must read through the IES Exam Pattern 2019 for the detailed information about the marking scheme, examination pattern of questions and format of the examination. UPSC IES Exam Pattern 2019 will be helpful for the candidates appearing the examination.
- IES Examination is conducted in offline mode only.
- The preliminary examination consists of 2 papers.
- The papers are in both kinds Objective Types as well as conventional type examination.
- Negative marks are awarded in case of Objective type questions.
- In the conventional papers no negative marking criteria is applicable.
- All the answers must be handwritten by the candidate (scribe in case of PwD candidate).
IES UPSC Exam Pattern 2019 | Preliminary Examination
The Engineering Services Examination (ESE) will firstly conduct Preliminary Examination. Both the papers of Preliminary examination will be objective type and carry maximum of 500 marks. Following are the important points regarding the Preliminary Examination of IES UPSC Exam 2019.
- Preliminary examination consists of two papers.
- Paper 1 will carry 200 marks.
- Paper 2 will carry 300 marks.
- Both the papers are objective type question papers.
- Question papers will be in English medium only.
- Penalty negative marking of 0.33 mark for each incorrect responses will be done.
- The papers will be based on General Studies and Engineering Aptitude and Engineering Discipline Opted by candidate.
Other Related Articles:
- IES 2019 Official Notification
- IES 2019 Application Form
- IES 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- IES 2019 Admit Card
- IES 2019 Syllabus
- IES 2019 Cut off
For the IES Examination Engineering Disciplines are divided in 4 categories. Candidates appearing for the examination must know the different disciplines they are applying in.
IES UPSC Exam Pattern 2019 | Mains Examination
Candidates who qualify the Preliminary examination of IES UPSC 2019 will have to score the minimum qualifying marks to appear in Mains examination. IES UPSC Exam Pattern 2019 describes that The second level of scrutiny is done on the basis of scores of Mains Examination. The marking schemes and question pattern of the Mains Examination is as follows:
- Mains Examination is a conventional type question papers.
- The mains examination is also divided in two papers.
- Both the papers will be specifically based on the chosen Engineering Discipline of the candidate.
- Each paper will carry 300 marks.
- Time duration to attempt each paper is 3 hours.
- There is no negative marking in Mains Examination.
- Examination will be conducted in offline mode only
UPSC IES Exam Pattern 2019 | Personality Test
The candidates who qualify the Mains Examination will be called in for the Personality Test Round. UPSC IES Exam Pattern 2019 describes the whole examination pattern as well as type of questions for the IES 2019. Aspirant must clear the Mains exam with the minimum qualifying score at least to appear in the Personality Test. The cut off of the mains examination will be set as per seeing the number of candidate who cleared the Mains examination. Number of candidates called in for the Personality test will be twice the number of announced vacancy. Following important points must be remembered about Personality Test.
- The examination will carry 200 marks.
- Candidate would be judged on the basis of their capacity for leadership, initiative and intellectual curiosity, tact and other social qualities, mental and physical energy, powers of practical application and integrity of character.
IES UPSC Exam Pattern 2019 | Final Marks
IES UPSC Exam Pattern 2019 describes that the cumulative marks of all the levels: Preliminary, Mains and Personality Test will be important for the finalized selection of the candidate. Candidates will be allotted to the various services keeping in view their ranks in the examination and the preference expressed by them for the various services/posts. Candidates are advised to read the official notification Appendix II and Appendix III for the complete details about the IES UPSC Exam Pattern 2019.