The IBPS has released the IBPS Clerk 2018 notification on 14th September 2018. According to the notification, the online application process for IBPS Clerk 2018 will begin on 18th September 2018 till 10th October 2018. In the notification, the Board has also announced the IBPS Clerk exam date 2018 to begin on 8th December 2018. With such a less time, it becomes hard to prepare for such a high-level exam. Let’s discuss some IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips.
Before proceeding to IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips, understand the exam pattern of IBPS Clerk 2018. The IBPS Clerk 2018 exam will be conducted in 2 stages:
- Preliminary exam
- Main exam
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam Pattern
|Name of Test||Number of questions|
- The exam consists of a total of 100 marks.
- Total 100 questions will be asked in the exam.
- Candidates need to qualify in three of the exam.
Main Exam Pattern:
|Name of Test||Number of questions|
|Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude||50|
- The exam consists of a total of 200 marks.
- Total 190 questions will be asked in the exam.
- For every wrong answer, negative marking of 1/4 marks is applicable.
IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips:
While preparing for the IBPS Clerk 2018, there are some factors you need to keep them in your mind. Studying alone is not enough to clear IBPS Clerk 2018. Along with that, you need to ace some skills such as Time Management, speed, Accuracy. Let’s discuss some IBPS Clerk Preparation Tips:
- Time Management: One of the most overlooked factor while preparing for IBPS Clerk 2018 is Time Management. Candidates are not even able to successfully manage and utilize time. Amid a lot of hustle bustle and confusion, they are not able to give proper time to their question and a lot of questions remain unattempted in the exam. Managing time is a skill that is required by every candidate whether he is appearing for IBPS Exam or other.
- Save enough Time to go all the questions: A lot of questions are asked in the exam out of which some are made to confuse the candidates while the other can be solved in a few seconds. So, candidates need to save enough time so that they can easily go through all the questions that are asked in the exam.
- Attempt your Forte section: Candidates often get confused about which section to attempt first. Different people have their different opinions based on their experience. They will recommend you to attempt aptitude first then come to reasoning. But we advise the candidates to attempt that section first in which you are confident about. Confidence helps in reducing exam fear. If your first section goes well, the chances are you can perform better in the rest of the exam.
- Attempt to question you can solve quickly: Let’s discuss about the individual section. Attempt to only those questions you are confident about and can solve very quickly. Reading the questions gives you an idea of whether you will be able to solve it or not. If you are unable to solve the question, just skip to the next question and solve it. There are a lot of questions that you can attempt easily and score well. So, it’s better to leave the question unanswered than to attempt a wrong answer which will definitely lead to negative marking.
- Accuracy: The another that matters a lot along with Time Management is Accuracy. Whatever question you attempt, make sure the answer is accurate else you may be a victim of negative marking that can drop your score in IBPS Clerk 2018. Instead of attempting more questions, focus on your accuracy only which will increase your score. English section can be easily scored while quantitative aptitude is the section where you need 100 per cent accuracy. Guessing the answer won’t work unless you are lucky.
- Speed: Candidates who are going to appear for IBPS Clerk 2018 must focus on maintaining their speed. Don’t just remain stuck on the same question only rather skip it and attempt other questions. There are some mathematical short-cuts, basic table. Candidates need to learn tables till 20, squares till 30, Cube till 30 number, basic percentage to fraction conversion and vice-versa.
- Mock Test: Attempting mock test again and again can help the candidates in getting their confidence. Practising mock test can help the candidates maintaining their speed, time and accuracy. Not only this, the candidate gets to know about what types of questions are asked in IBPS Clerk 2018 and they get to evaluate their strength and weakness. The section in which they need more time and the section which can be easily attempted in the exam can be determined through the mock test. They get to know about marking scheme as well.
So, with less time remaining for IBPS Clerk 2018, the above IBPS Clerk Preparation tips can help you in securing good marks.